This is a very simple and easy to make chicken curry which is so flavorful and delicious. I am happy with the outcome and we all loved it. You can serve this kadai chicken with Rotis / Paratha / Poori / Naan / kati roll online order.
2.Capsicum 1 medium sized (diced)
3.Onion 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
4.Tomato 1 large (finely chopped)
5.Tomato Puree 1/2 - 3/4 cup
6.Ginger Garlic Paste 1-2 tsp
7.Chilli Powder 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp(to marinate)
8.Turmeric Powder 1/4 tsp
9.Salt to taste
10.Cilantro few finely chopped
11.Ginger 1" julienned (to garnish)
12.Oil 1 tbsp + 1/2 tsp
13.Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
For Kadai Masala
1.Dry Red chilli 5 no.s
2.Coriander seeds 1 tbsp
3.Pepper corns 1/2 tsp or less
4.Fennel seeds 1/4 tsp
5.Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
6.Kasoori Methi/Dry Methi leaves 1/2 tsp
- Wash chicken pieces, drain and marinate with turmeric powder and chilli powder and keep aside.
- Heat a pan/kadai, when its heated add fry red chilli, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, cumin seeds, chowringhee kathi roll
pepper corns and roast for a minutes and lastly add dry methi leaves stir and remove from the stove.
- Allow to cool for a while then grind it to a coarse powder and keep aside.
- Heat 1/2 tsp oil in same pan, stir fry diced capsicum for 1-2 minutes and keep aside.
- Now heat oil in a wok, add cumin seeds allow to splutter then add finely chopped onions and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, sprinkle little salt and saute until raw smell leaves.
- And then add chopped tomatoes and tomato puree and cook till oil leaves and moisture dries.
- After that add 1/2 of the ground kadai masala and stir fry for a minute.
- Then add chicken pieces, remaining 1/2 of ground kadai masala, turmeric powder and stir for 3-4 minutes and add 1/2 cup - 3/4 cup water, enough salt and cook for 15-20 minutes with lid closed or until chicken gets cooked well.
Notes:If you like you can also add 2-3 tbsp heavy cream in the last and simmer for 2 minutes and switch off.
Adjust spices to your desired lever, above one is a medium spicy curry.
Adding capsicum is optional but sure gives nice flavor and taste to the curry.
For dry masala skip chopped tomatoes and use puree alone and use 1/4 cup - 1/2 cup water to cook chicken. After adding chicken please turn the heat to medium and cook with lid closed or you can also use pressure pan to cook chicken.